Measures at UU due to the Corona Pandemic
The following measures from the Swedish government and Uppsala University Management apply at all of Uppsala University:
- Follow general recommendations and regulations to reduce the spread of infection.
- In order to avoid crowding and to respect general requirements for social distance, the UU premises need to be used for a larger part of the day and the semester.
- Distancing should be the goal at all times, during teaching, examinations and other meetings – digital participation must be offered if possible.
Prioritized groups and situations for access to premises:
- Courses aimed at beginners and semester one of study programs
- Students who have documented need for special educational support
- Practical education that cannot be carried out digitally
- Examinations that are difficult to carry out digitally
- Final exams and compulsory elements within the last years of educational programs
Access to the university's premises for employees and students should require access cards or student cards. Social distancing at all premises is a must. Employees and students must unconditionally stay at home at the slightest sign of a cold or flu-like symptoms. Working from home should be allowed and encouraged where possible in agreement with the manager.
Do you feel anxious about your study situation or mental state under the prevailing circumstances? Then do not hesitate to contact the Student Health Services.
MEASURES TAKEN AT ALL CAMPUS AREAS
Social distancing should be the goal at all times, during teaching, examinations and other meetings – digital participation must be offered if possible.
Employees and students must unconditionally stay at home at the slightest sign of a cold or flu-like symptoms.
Access to the university's premises for employees and students should require access cards or student cards. Social distancing at all premises is a must.
Under no circumstances may teaching sessions be held with more than 50 people in the same room.
MEASURES FOR STUDENTS AT POLACKSBACKEN
- The basic rule is that the entrances on campus are locked and that both employees and students gain access with their campus cards (+ personal code when required). However, in connection with the start of the semester, the (northern) main entrance to the Ångström Laboratory will be unlocked to enable access for those who have not yet picked up their campus card.
- Access cards and e-mail accounts for new students can be picked up and activated at all campuses, at Segerstedt and outdoors in more areas. Please avoid crowding in long lines. For those who have not yet retrieved their access card, the main entrance to the Ångström Laboratory house 2 will be unlocked for a while to enable access to the Keys- and Access Card Service.
- When you have received your campus card, you must first and foremost use the entrance on the end of the house where your lesson is going to be held (this applies to Ångström; houses 2, 4, 5, 8 and 9).
- Social distancing is enforced on the entire campus (even on seats), 1.5 - 2 meters is the rule. Avoid standing in the way of others who need to get around in corridors and walkways.
- Classrooms, group rooms and program rooms may only be used for a maximum of half the capacity (i.e. half the amount of seats).
- Stay in the classrooms or go outdoors during breaks, do not linger in corridors or other public areas.
- Students are strongly recommended to only stay at the university's premises on Polacksbacken during scheduled time in classrooms (not during scheduled distance teaching). Only students who have scheduled classes at Polacksbacken directly before and immediately after lunch should stay on the premises during the lunch break.
- It is strictly forbidden to use alcohol or drugs on the UU premises. It is also forbidden to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs on the university's premises on Polacksbacken.